Why Do Salespeople Fail?
Because they think they will.
Several national tests have revealed the following startling statistics about why salespeople fail:
- 15% fail due to improper training on their product.
- 35% fail because of poor communication skills.
- 50% because of attitude and mindset
85% of total failure is due to a poor attitude and poor communication skills. Folks, this is something you can change. My question is … why aren’t you?
Most of the investors I’ve met spend most of their time learning how to structure the deals. This is important; however, you must know how to properly present your case in order to sell the deal you so wisely structured.
Sounds almost impossible, doesn’t it? We wonder why this business seems so rough at times. It’s not hard folks … just practice, rehearse and internalize … and the money will follow. Everyone could do 50% more if they would just change the way they think. Earl Nightingale, in his legendary tape, The Strangest Secret, reveals the secret of a positive attitude. We become what we think about all day long. This is why it is so important to have control over your thought processes. Start today and change your attitude? It will miraculously affect your success and income.
Live these thoughts and exercises:
- Role play with your partner 5 days a week.
- Learn your scripts.
- Learn your objection handlers.
- Be positive.
- Stop listening to negative people.
- Keep learning.
- Spend 10% of your gross income on continuing education.
- When something goes wrong, remember it’s no one’s fault but yours.
- You always have and have had a choice.
- If you think it’s OK, it is…if you think it’s not OK, it’s not.
- Ignore the junk news.
- Work on a worthwhile project, make a plan, or do something to enhance your life.
- For 1 year, read only positive books and material.
- When you face an obstacle or something goes wrong, look for the opportunity.
- Listen to attitude tapes, attend seminars, and take courses.
- Ignore people who tell you that “you can’t” or try to discourage you.
- Check your language. Is it half full or half empty; partly cloudy or partly sunny? Avoid why, can’t, won’t.
- State why you like things, people, job, and family. Not why you don’t.
- Help others without expectation or measuring (keeping
score). If you say “I’m not “because he’s not,” who loses? If you say, “Why should I, when he only…..,” who loses?
- Visit a Children’s hospital or help someone in a wheelchair.
- How long do you stay in a bad mood? If more than 5 Minutes pass, something is wrong.
- Count your blessings every day.
If you take one hour a day, that you currently waste watching the news, and convert it into positive action, at the end of one year you will have captured more than 15 full 24-hour days. Which will help your success more – 15 days a year building your future or 15 days a year watching TV? You have the choice.[/vc_column_text][vc_video link=”https://vimeo.com/221979289″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]