In this continuing series outlining the 10 options in the Fed Up packet, Dwan discusses equity sharing, subject 2, and short sales. These are the only 3 options in the packet that involve you as a real estate investor making money. The primary purpose of giving this packet to the homeowner is to provide them with the information and real value that they don’t currently have. Seeds you plant by providing this packet will reap a harvest at some point.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 3:39 – If you aren’t good, know that you have the power to change your situation.
- 5:51 – Dwan reiterates that she is SO DONE with her 50s.
- 7:12 – Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to The Most Dwanderful Real Estate Podcast Ever on iTunes so we can make it to #1.
- 8:56 – Whether homeowners contact you because of one of your signs, advertisements, social media posts, or from your door knocking, you need the Fed Up packet as a resource.
- 9:37 – Real estate investors only make money on #3, 4, and 5 in the packet. By giving homeowners the Fed Up packet, you are planting seeds that will reap a harvest eventually, even if this homeowner chooses not to work with you.
- 10:54 – Dwan actually grew up in the country on a farm with a large garden, chickens, pig, and cows.
- 12:36 – You never do what is best for yourself, but what is best for the homeowner.
- 14:03 – Make sure you go to Dwanderful.com/fedup to get the special podcast deal on the Fed Up packet – only $499.
- 16:53 – The third option in the Fed Up packet is equity partnering. This is only an option when the market is good – during the recession, homeowners typically didn’t have enough equity for this to be a possibility. Equity partnering means that you cover the homeowners back payments, fees, and any renovation expenses, then you charge the homeowner a partnering fee, then you split the profit that is made on the sale of the house. At the end of the day, you and the homeowner end up making about the same amount on this type of deal.
- 23:09 – Dwan and Bill are currently investing in commercial buildings, storage units, and apartment buildings.
- 24:14 – The fourth option is subject 2, which means that the homeowner deeds you the house and you take over their existing mortgage. You then pay their back payments and sell the house through owner financing to someone who may not be able to get a traditional loan. Dwan will talk more about this next season.
- 27:27 – Be sure to go to Dwanderful.com/lingo to download your free copy of the lingo.
- 27:42 – Under the subject 2, the house is in your name, so you pay the mortgage to the bank every month and through owner financing, you create a new mortgage for the new homeowner to pay you. Through subject 2’s, you can earn millions of dollars in just a few years as well as start your rental portfolio.
- 30:06 – The fifth option in the Fed Up packet is a short sale. This means that you get a discount on the house from the bank, then you sell it to a rehabber for a minimum of $30,000 profit on the deal.
- 31:20 – Next week, Dwan will discuss options 6-8 of the Fed Up packet. She wants you to close your first deal this season and get on the road to success.
- 32:38 – Don’t forget to join the membership club at Dwanderful.com for just $1 and get access to Wednesday’s LIVE Coaching Call.
- 33:23 – Your assignment this week is to download the Fed Up packet at Dwanderful.com/fedup. Remember that time is your most valuable asset.
Connect with Dwan: