This is a special episode of The Most Dwanderful Real Estate Podcast Ever because Dwan talks about her relationship with Jesus and how you can build your house upon a rock. If you have listened to even a single episode of this podcast, you have heard Dwan say “the truth is in the red letters”, and perhaps you have wondered what that means. In the Bible, most versions have printed the words of Jesus spoken during his earthly ministry in red text. As a Christian with a strong relationship with Jesus, Dwan knows that the Bible, especially the words of Jesus, are the key to living an abundant life on earth and getting to spend eternity in Heaven.
As we all prepare to celebrate Christmas this week, Dwan thought this would be the perfect time to talk about the birth of Jesus and some of his key teachings while He was living among us. Jesus was born into this world as the Son of God, fully human and fully divine, to provide the only way for us to get to Heaven. He taught on many subjects, but He spent a lot of time talking about money, saying things like “a man cannot serve two masters: God and money” and “the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil” but also pointing out that He came to give us abundant life that could not be taken away from us by Satan. Through Him, God set up the only pathway to Heaven, the most inclusive exclusivity because anyone who accepts Jesus and has genuine faith can enter in, but many people reject this idea and instead believe that either there is no God or that everyone on earth worships the same God.
In order to have success in life and to be able to go to Heaven one day to be with God forever, the only way is to build your life upon the rock of Jesus. Not on yourself, not on your spouse, not on money, not on your ambitions, not on your kids – only on Jesus. When your foundation is strong, anything you build on top of it will be strong as well.
- 1:02 – Dwan’s introduction and the goal of the podcast.
- 2:28 – Dwan checks in with you and she is glad to be drinking wine.
- 3:06 – Dwan wonders what you are doing while you are listening to the podcast.
- 4:31 – If Dwan can be a successful real estate investor, you can too. Look how far she has come!
- 5:12 – She has had many “come to Jesus” moments in her life and she wants to share about Jesus with you.
- 6:21 – Dwan’s Bible was given to her by her sister for Christmas in 1997.
- 7:49 – Dwan wants to talk to you about the birth and teachings of Jesus.
- 8:31 – Go to the Dwanderful Facebook page and let Dwan know what you are doing while you listen to her.
- 8:57 – Jesus is the Son of God, he was born to a virgin, he lived a perfect life as a man, was crucified, buried, and then resurrected on the third day. He is the Lord and Savior and the only way to Heaven. Jesus came to save the world from sin and to give us abundant life.
- 11:12 – Dwan talks about Luke 1:26 and following, the prediction of the birth of Jesus.
- 14:05 – Luke 2 is about the birth of Jesus and the confirmations of the predictions that had been made.
- 18:17 – THE TRUTH IS IN THE RED LETTERS.
- 20:12 – In Matthew 6:19-24, Jesus talks about storing up treasures in Heaven rather than being a slave to money on earth.
- 23:15 – Matthew 7:7-8 says that everyone who asks God to live in their hearts will find Him.
- 25:12 – If you are unfamiliar with the Bible, The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) are a great place to start, and you could focus on the red letters if you aren’t sure what else to do.
- 26:05 – The way to Heaven is through the narrow gate, not the wide (universalist) way.
- 28:08 – Why do Christians believe they are right?
- 30:02 – Matthew goes on to say that you can recognize believers and non-believers by their fruit.
- 32:09 – Matthew 21 talks about genuine faith through the narrow gate of accepting Jesus.
- 38:25 – The overall message of this episode is that you should build your house upon the rock (Jesus) rather than anything else, which is really just sinking sand.
Connect with Dwan: