[ultimate_heading main_heading=”Want to Listen? Listen Here…” margin_design_tab_text=””]
In this episode of “Inside the Minds of Today’s Millionaires”, Dwan is chatting with Mel Dupuis from Ontario, Canada. Mel is a multi-family property investor. In fact, she and her husband, Dave, have acquired more than 200 apartments in just a few short years. They do this using their own money and creative financing. Mel started her career yound. She went to college knowing that she wanted to be in business and thought that accounting was the route for her. However, she had the idea to dabble in real estate as a side hustle, making the goal to own 10 properties by the time she was 40. Well, needless to say, Mel has far surpassed that goal and is now teaching others how to do it by mentoring them. Learn more about Mel and her husband, Dave and what they do by visiting investormeldave.com. You should also check them out on YouTube by searching Investors Mel and Dave. Subscribe to them. If you like what you hear, be sure to leave them some comments and reviews (We love them too! *HINT HINT*). Don’t forget to head on over to Dwanderful.com and opt in to receive you 4 free e-Books and to keep current with Dwan.
- :50 Welcome to Inside the Minds of Today’s Millionaires
- 2:19 Drinks with Dwan and Mel – Tea and a latte
- 3:03 Who is Mel Dupuis
- 3:35 find them by searching on all social media for Investors Mel and Dave
- 4:21 200 Apartments
- 5:32 People get scared of the extra 0’s and of the unknown
- 6:50 Mel started investing in her early 30’s, like Dwan!
- 7:37 Young Mel, who was she?
- 9:43 Don’t take advice from…even if it is coming from a place of love
- 10:22 Dentist wouldn’t do heart surgery!
- 11:29 The advice men are given is quite different than advice given to women
- 13:33 Business was natural, just didn’t know what kind
- 15:15 Mel talks about buying without venture financing and using own money
- 17:05 How Mel finds deals on and off market
- 20:34 Biggest deal was a 50plex
- 23:35 How to get over fear? Get a mentor
- 24:43 You don’t know what you don’t know
- 26:11 100’s of mentees now
- 28:50 Horrific car accident changed Mel and Dave’s perspective
- 30:05 Leave a legacy
- 31:19 3 actionable tips from Mel
- 34:18 All eggs in one basket? Get a bigger basket
- 36:00 Have multiple deals in your pipeline
- 37:00 Mels favorite food, band, and place
- 41:55 Mel issues life equity challenge – Family
- 43:46 How to contact Mel and Dave
- 45:43 Parting words – Action!
- 46:32 The truth is in the red letters!
Connect with Dwan: