[ultimate_heading main_heading=”Want to Listen? Listen Here…” margin_design_tab_text=””]
On this episode of “Inside the Minds of Today’s Millionaires”, Dwan is chatting with author Myra Oliver. Myra is a Kentucky native Who currently resides in Texas with her husband and 2 Chihuahua babies. Mura knew from a young age that money can’t buy happiness, but itsure Can buy you options. That is why She followed her own path of not pursuing further education,but rather becoming a cosmetologist in Texas, the land of “Big Hair”. Currently, She works in her favorite business to date; helping people to see their money differently. Myra retired. from her “dayjob” at 33 years old and reinvented herself in the world of real estate. Learn more about Myra by visiting www.downhomemoney.com.
Please don’t forget all the goodies Dwan has to offer, too. Scoot on over to www.dwanderful.com to opt in and get a couple of Dwan’s ebook’s completely free. If you like what you heard today, head on over to Dwan’s channel whererever you listen to your podcasts and subscribe. While there, leave her a “5_Star” review that could got featured on a future episode.
- :50 Welcome to “ Inside the Minds of Today’s Millionaires ”
- 2:02 Introducing Myra Oliver
- 3:26 Who is Myra Oliver today?
- 3:55 NOT what her parents wanted for her! First rental property when she was 22
- 5:28 Very excessive in the 80’s
- 5:56 Retired for the first time at 33 with 10 rental properties
- 8:11 It’s your life and you get to decide how to live it
- 9:01 Down Home Money – A Simple Approach to Financial Freedom
- 10:31 What is the “Down Home Money” Concept?
- 11:38 Why would my parents want that for me?
- 12:50 Money gives you options, does not bring happiness
- 14:35 When you are trading your time for money, it is important to be purposeful
- 18:15 Dwan asks Myra to give us 3 actionable tips
- 20:25 Figure out your net worth
- 23:28 Life is short and based on the decisions we make
- 25:18 Minimalism – Now I can afford it, I don’t want it
- 27:57 The purity behind simplicity
- 28:52 What was teenage Myra like?
- 30:05 A psychiatrist without the degree
- 32:37 Giving out pink slips
- 34:16 Getting a pink slip was a blessing for Dwan but life altering for others
- 36:06 I never not had money as a kid
- 36:46 I had absolutely no fun in my 20’s, but I knew what I was sacrificing for
- 38:21 Myra’s favorite band of all time, favorite food
- 41:50 I had been eating hog brains in a cup with eggs my whole childhood and didn’t know it
- 43:08 Myra’s happy place
- 44:36 www.downhomemoney.com and watch her podcasts on YouTube
- 47:05 The world is so negative, someone needs to feed you some positivity, even ifit is yourself.
- 49:18 Smiling and dialing
- 49:55 It’s not how much you make, but what you do it
- 52:21 Myra issues our physical life equity Challenge for the week
- 54:43 When you spend time in gratitude, your life gets so much better
Connect with Dwan:
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]